Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Question of the week: When did you start scrapbooking, etc.?

Here is the question of the week:

When did you start scrapbooking?

How did you get into it/who introduced you to it?

I think it would be fun to read everyone's story on how they got started with this "obsession"!

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I started scrapbooking about 16 years ago. A friend from work attended a Creative Memories workshop, bought some of their products, created some pages and then brought her creations into work to show everyone. I was fascinated and inspired, so I had to buy some of their cool stuff for myself. I went on a trip to Europe that Summer, took over 300 photos, came home and bought one of CM's 12x15 scrapbooks. It took me months to complete my first "masterpiece"--a HUGE scrapbook full of many of my photos and memorabilia from my trip! I've been hooked ever since!

Anonymous said...

my sister (Heather Kneis) gave me a premade baby scrapbook when my son was born in 2003, then talked me into continuing scrapping his 2nd year, etc!!
i REALLY got addicted in the fall of 2005 when i joined The Scraproom! now i can't imagine not scrapping :)

Pamella said...

I started scrapping 8 years ago. I was babysitting in my home at the time, and the girl I babysat for was a scrapper. She showed me what she had worked on and I started out using CM products. Shortly after, a scrapbook store opened up near me and I found the world of the internet scrapbook sites and DH's wallet hasn't been thick since. About two years later, I found the world of stamping to add to my scrapping addiction. I love how relaxed I am while working on projects and as a very impatient person, I love the instant gratification of a project completed. Above and beyond that, the many friends I've made who share this hobby with me has been a huge blessing in my life.

Pamelamma said...

I started scrapbooking 5 years ago when my friend, Adriana, saw some calendars I made. They included pictures and mementos from the previous year. She thought I would enjoy scrapbooking. She was right! I was immediately hooked.

heatherk said...

I got into stamping first in 1995--I went to my first Stampin'Up party. In 1996 I went to a Creative Memories party for the first time. Being military, there were always Stampin'Up and Creative Memories events to go to. I didn't REALLY get into scrapping until our son was born in 1999---
YES--it's true that I got my sister into scrapbooking and stamping. I'm glad I did- we can share with each other our passion for playing with paper :)

Lan said...

A co-worker invited me to her CM party in 1999...wow, has it really been 8 years ago? I purchased an album, the little photo trimmer and all the circles and shapes template that night. My first page is funny to look at, all the photos were cut out shapes with only triangle pieces of cardstock. A couple years later I really got into it when I started my new job and found out a group of girls at work also scrapbook so we would crop together on a monthly basis & I started taking classes at my lss. It's addictive, especially when you join a monthly kit club & really realize how much trouble you can get into with a credit card! :)

Gretchen a/k/a StampingRooster said...

I started making cards in December 2000. Held off scrapping for a long time because I knew I would become obsessed. After our annual Maine vacation in 2005 the only album I could find that I liked was a scrapbook album. I had paper and embellies and I thought I could keep it simple Yeh, right! Now, here I am, completely obsessed.

Mikey said...

I started in 1999 just after Francine was born... A friend introduced me to CM and I was hooked. I've always loved paper and stickers so this is the perfect hobby... Then I found out that Hallmark had scrapping products and thought I was in heaven. That is, until I found my first LSS! There's no turning back now...